Painting VR splashes unto virtual canvases on April 14th
Painting in virtual reality just got really easy
April 8, 2022
Ghent, April 8th 2022 - Oisoi Studio is beyond excited to announce that Painting VR will be available on Meta Quest and Steam for $19.99 USD on April 14.
About Painting VR
Painting VR puts you in an artist studio with an unlimited supply of paint so lifelike, you'll forget you're in a virtual world. Pick your preferred size canvas, choose from a wide selection of brushes and inspiring tools, dip in and start creating. It's that easy!
Painting VR is very hands-on, easy to understand, and aimed at all ages. Play around and feel the relaxing satisfaction of putting copious amounts of fresh paint on a canvas. Teach yourself the basics of colours, the painting process, and steadily master the art of composition.
Sharpen your skills by experimenting with the tools & techniques at hand, and become part of a new wave of digital artists. Once finished, you can share your work with the Painting VR community, or even the world! All without having to bother about cleaning up afterwards!
- Familiar, yet new - Painting VR is painting evolved; create stunning art by blending age-old techniques with the latest technological advances. There is no "undo" in real life, but there is one in Painting VR!
- A relaxing experience - By using a combination of visuals, audio & haptics, digital artists will be immersed in a relaxing and satisfying creative experience.
- A wide selection of brushes & tools - A spray can, brushes, paint rollers, markers, and even a customisable drill fitted with a brush magnet? We have it all!
- Pick or mix paint colours - Dip your brush in the bucket of your choice, or mix colours to get the desired effect. You can even use the colour picking function to select colours from your canvas, mixing palette or reference images.
- In-game web browser - Listen to your favourite tunes, watch online tutorials, or get inspired by entering (random) words in the image search engine.
- Make the studio your own - Find the studio set-up that works best for you and save it for future visits. Put your favourite art on the walls & personalize your workplace.
What our early adopters have to say
PaintingVR is a very well designed app that provides the most realistic painting experience in VR that I know of. The brushes interact with the canvas in such surprising ways, it feels like you are painting with real brushes.
You don't have to be a painter or an artist to enjoy the experience of being in an art studio, experiment with multiple canvases and brushes while using an infinite supply of paint without ever having to clean up any mess.
Scheduled Launch time: Thursday, April 14th, 2022 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Price: $19.99 USD / €19.99 EUR
Quest 1 & 2 (Meta Quest Store)
Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality (Steam Store)
Meta Quest Store: https://oculus.com/experiences/quest/3106117596158066
Steam Store: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1905940/Painting_VR/
Game Mode: Single-player, multiplayer to be added at a later date.
For more information & images on Painting VR, visit https://paintingvr.xyz, Follow Painting VR on Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook, or join our community on Discord.
Need images and assets for your article? Visit our Media Room!
About Oisoi Studio
Oisoi Studio was founded in 2018 by Wim Reygaert. Soon, Xander Clerckx joined as head of development. After working on VR training experiences for the aviation industry and several interactive installations for artists, Painting VR is their first own IP. They ran a succesful Kickstarter campaign for the game, expanded the team and built a community of over 20.000 users in early access.
If you want an interview with the dev team, let us know: [email protected]